Why I Haven't Blogged...

Hi Everyone! Long time no speak I know, I haven't blogged since the 12th March and I think I have some explaining to do, don't you think? This is a little bit different to how I normally blog, but I am trying to make more of an effort to make this blog personal, so that you guys can get to know me a little bit better, so every so often I will just do a catch up blog to let you know what has been going on in my life!

I haven't blogged this past week because for me it is the Easter holidays and I have actually come home from uni, so I have been busy catching up with friends and family and haven't had my computer at hand to blog! (Don't worry I am now saving for a Macbook Pro, then I can blog wherever I go).

However before this I have been pre-occupied with some uni stuff. Basically, since around Christmas time I have felt like the course I am doing (Textiles) isn't right for me. My Textiles course in college was very fashion based, and since starting uni I haven't done a fashion project, and have discovered that I won't be doing. Initially I wanted to be a teacher, but I feel as though I want to strive for bigger things. I always felt that going into the fashion industry was just a dream and I would never be able to achieve that. I have now decided to change course starting from September, and I will be enrolling onto the Fashion Brand Management course, going straight into second year. This has proven to be quite complicated as I had to go through the standard interview process to see if I was able to go straight into the course, and I was successful!
This was a very stressful time for me, however I sat down and spoke to the people closest to me to see if I was making the right decision, and they all said that they felt I was. My parent's have always known that I love fashion and everything to do with the industry so they are really proud of me for speaking up about it, rather than continuing on a course that I wasn't happy with obviously.

I am very lucky to have people so supportive around me, but one thing that I would recommend to you if you are not in the same position is to put yourself first! I know for a lot of people this can be quite hard, however at the end of the day your happiness is the most important thing, and you will be most successful doing the thing you love! So rather than do what I initially did, if you love something, then run with it!

I can't wait for September and I promise I am back now on the blogging scene after a brief time away, however I have had loads going on, I am only human! Don't worry though, I will be back to my normal blogging as well as something very exciting on the Youtube front, so keep your eyes peeled on here for my first video!




Sophie X

Comments

Popular Posts