Morocco Day 1 and 2!

Hey everyone, I'm back!
I know it has been so long since my last blog but I have good reason for it, I have been seeing the amazing sights of Morocco and have also just celebrated my 20th Birthday! So all in all I have had a very busy week or so.
But I am now back and ready to carry on with the blogging scene, which I have actually missed whilst I have been away!
So I was going to do just one Morocco blog with all of my travel pictures and everything we did, however I have now discovered that I cannot fit everything into one blog without rambling on...so I have decided to split it into two blogs, so without further ado, here are my first two days in Marrakesh.

So we flew out on the Friday morning and arrived at the hotel mid day on the Friday, and I was amazed at how beautiful the hotel was! We stayed at the Riu Tikida Gardens and its safe to say that the whole hotel was stunning. Even though we wanted to explore the hotel all day, we decided to save that for another day and instead we headed straight into the souks of Marrakesh!


These are a few images I took in one of the traditional rug shops, unfortunately my luggage wouldn't allow me to take one of these home with me however the owners of the shop were more than happy to let me take some of my own images!


The locals at the store noticed that I was fascinated by the rugs and so they actually taught me the traditional rug making technique, which is easy to pick up but extremely time consuming so credit to the women who make these rugs all day! 

I had heard many things about how busy the little stores of the souks were and how they are jam packed and they weren't wrong! This is just one of the little stores in the tens of thousands of shops in the souks so you can imagine how busy they can get. We went on the Friday which is prayer day out in Morocco, so there were fairly quiet compared to when we went back a few days later.



Well it is safe to say that Marrakesh is full of patterns, and as a textiles student I was kind of in heaven! Managed to get loads of images on my Olympus Pen which will be going up on my Instagram page (sophie_kennerley) so make sure you check those out!

Day Two was another jam packed day, where we went on a Jeep Safari up the Atlas Mountains, we visited local homes and tried out traditional teas and tagines, such an amazing experience.




For the final part of the day we visited an Argan Factory, where we saw how Argan Oil was produced and then we got some of our own to use on our hair. I'm currently sat with the oil on my hair as I type this blog and it smells amazing! If you have me on Snapchat (sophiekennerley) then you can see how many hair takes it!

Well my next blog will probably be up after the weekend where I will show you what I did for the second part of my Moroccan adventure!

X


Comments

Popular Posts