Morroco Days 3 and 4!

So if you haven't read the first section of my Morocco adventure then click here to read about my first couple of days in Morocco!
As I couldn't fit my entire adventure into one blog, here is my second one about my final two days exploring Marrakesh.


On day 3 we decided to have a day at the Souks. Initially I was only going to visit them once during the trip, however after going on the first day I was hooked and had to go back! I loved every part of the Souks from the atmosphere to the bright colours!


I did say to myself that I wanted to buy some cushion covers when I was over in Morocco because I had heard about them before going. Each one is individually hand made and beaded and each cushion was as beautiful as the next, so it certainly took me a while! In the end I have come back with four different cushion covers that I can keep forever.


Another thing that is extremely popular out in Morocco is their vast array of spices and herbs! 
All of the little spice shops have spices piled high and with some very unusual colours for spices (as you can see in the centre) however they do smell amazing! In the end we bought a few different spices and some crystals that you add to water when you have a cold. (which I am in need of right now!)


On the final day of Morocco we visited the Majorelle Gardens, which is actually where Yves Saint Laurent's ashes are scattered, so as a fashion based student this was a once in a lifetime trip! I will be doing an individual blog about this very soon as I took so many photographs of the stunning gardens here!



After the Majorelle Gardens we visited some Olive Gardens and at the very end we came to photograph this building. This is very well known in Morocco as it shows the four colours of the country. It has the Red Ocre, Green, Blue and White. And in one photo you are able to photograph this.

So this concludes my Moroccan blogs! I hope you have enjoyed looking through my pictures on my Instagram also (sophie_kennerley)

X



Comments

Popular Posts