LIFESTYLE// Ten ways to unwind!

Now that I am branching out more with my blog I thought that I would write a few lifestyle posts for you to read, and here is my first one!

Do you ever have one of those days where you have the full day to yourself and plan to have a full day of pampering, and then you end up just watching Netflix all day and do nothing else? I am the same! But here I have a list of ten things to do, when you just want to do nothing! These can include series' that you could watch as well as ways to pamper and unwind!

1. The first thing you need to do is put on your comfiest pyjamas! I sometimes get out of bed and put another set on, just for my lazy day. You can find really cute ones online, I am definitely one for saying that they aren't just to sleep in but are also the perfect lounge wear!


2. One thing that is an absolute must on a relaxing day is a hot bath, bubbles the lot! If you follow me on Snapchat (sophiekennerley) you will see that I love a good bubble bath with scented candles. I received some Sanctuary bath products so I will make myself a nice bubble bath and play some music and chill.

3. Speaking of music, if I know I have a free day coming up where I want to pamper myself I will make myself a playlist on Spotify. Depending on what sort of day I am wanting, I will make a playlist to work with that.

4. Even though I did mention that Netflix can make me feel like I can watch a full series in a day, if I do want a day to relax I will go to the movie section on Netflix and pick out a few classics. If I am having a relaxing day with one of my friends, I will definitely have a chick flick day. However I am known for watching a good BBC3 documentary...

5.  If you follow me on Instagram (sophie_kennerley) you will know that I do love a good face mask. However I always struggle to find ones that work well with my skin, as I sometimes find it quite sensitive to harsh products. I don't know why, but up until last week I hadn't tried a Lush face mask. I know! However, I don't think I will turn back! I think these a perfect for a relaxing day to just put a face mask on in bed and watch a film.


6. One thing that most people will find unexpected, especially in the blogging world, is that when I am wanting to really sit back and relax I turn my phone off. Yes off, not just on silent or turning over so you don't see the screen, off! Even if it's just for an hour, switching my phone off really helps me to just shut off from the world and clear my mind.

7. What you may not know about me is that I love to read. It is definitely something that I love to do whenever I am free. However I don't usually get time to read much more than one chapter an evening, so when I have a full free day I could easily read the majority of a book if given half the chance! I really do recommend you guys to just sit down a read something you really enjoy, even if it's Vogue, which is something I do myself!

8. Snacks! As much as I am trying to eat healthier in preparation for my holiday in Summer, I know that I have a sweet tooth! And what better excuse to get a bunch of snacks and sweeties and chocolates and surround yourself with them! I tend to try (I repeat try) to limit myself by just filling a bowl with snacks and limiting myself to just those for the day. So take your pick of your favourite goodies and treat yourself!

9. Take time to enjoy one of your hobbies. For me it is art, as a textiles student there are a lot of times when I am doing creative things every day, but never just for myself! So when I have a free day I will just sit and doodle, and not have to be restricted to following a deadline. One thing that has been a massive craze during the end of 2015 and into this year are the adult colouring books! I just recently took them away on holiday with me and I found it so relaxing doing it by the pool.

10. And finally, doing the little things to treat yourself like painting your nails, or taking your time and do a nice makeup look. No matter what you enjoy, DO IT! That film you've wanted to see? Watch it! That friend you have wanted a long phone call with? Call them! Enjoy yourself!

Hope this has given you guys some ideas as to what to do on a lazy day, I dont know about you but I want to make myself free one day soon and do all of the above! How do you relax on a lazy day? Let me know!

X



Comments

Popular Posts